Impact Providence Montana Health Foundation today and tomorrow
- Your charitable gift will provide vital support for our projects, activities and goals
- You can enjoy immediate or deferred tax benefits for you and your family
- Your contribution will influence the well-being of others far into the future
Gifts of Retirement Assets
Donating part or all of your unused retirement assets, such as your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plan, is an excellent way to make a gift to Providence Montana Health Foundation.
If you are like most people, you probably will not use all of your retirement assets during your lifetime. You can make a gift of your unused retirement assets to help further our mission.
Benefits of gifts of retirement assets
- Avoid potential estate tax on retirement assets
- Your heirs would avoid income tax on any retirement assets funded on a pre-tax basis
- Receive potential estate tax savings from an estate tax deduction
How to make a gift of retirement assets
To leave your retirement assets to Providence Montana Health Foundation, you will need to complete a beneficiary designation form provided by your retirement plan custodian. If you designate Providence Montana Health Foundation as beneficiary, we will benefit from the full value of your gift because your IRA assets will not be taxed at your death. Your estate will benefit from an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift.
More on gifts of retirement assets
Did you know that 60%-70% of your retirement assets may be taxed if you leave them to your heirs at your death? Another option is to leave your heirs assets that receive a step up in basis, such as real estate and stock, and give the retirement assets to Providence Montana Health Foundation. As a charity, we are not taxed upon receiving an IRA or other retirement plan assets.
If you have any questions about gifts of retirement assets, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.
Please let us know if you have already included Providence Montana Health Foundation as a beneficiary of your retirement assets. We would like to thank you and recognize you for your gift.